Project Natal officially called ‘Kinect’
Posted by Soulfinger on June 14, 2010
Microsoft’s motion-sensing Natal device is officially called ‘Kinect’ and will launch on November 4 with 15 launch titles
The following games will be available for launch and pricing is to be confirmed although US game retailer Gamestop is listing it as $149.99
* Kinectimals lets you train and play with 20 different virtual cats, including a lion, cheetah and tiger.
* Joyride, a racing game, lets players use their hands to hold an imaginary steering wheel – pull your hands toward you and push back out for an acceleration boost – and their bodies to execute jumps and tricks.
* Kinect Sports has six activities including boxing, bowling, beach volleyball, track and field, soccer and table tennis. To serve a volleyball, you mimic the real motion; in soccer, you can kick the ball or do a header.
* Kinect Adventures includes a river-raft time trial and obstacle course, playable by up to four players. On the raft, playing as a duo, you and a partner must lean one way or another to steer. Jumping helps the raft reach special areas for extra points.
* Dance Central, in development by MTV Games, brings a So You Think You Can Dance experience home.
* Star Wars characters and iconic Disney favorites will be featured in separate new games being developed at Microsoft in conjunction with LucasArts and Disney.