Sony Reveals Full PlayStation 4 Specs
Sony has released the full technical specifications for the PlayStation 4 confirming many of the rumoured components and also revealing the other features the PS4 has.
As guessed previously announced the PS4 is based on a custom x86 as is the Xbox One, making it basically a high end powerful PC that will make developing games for is a much easier task than the PS3.
One included item to note is that all PS4 will come with a headset making multiplayer gaming chat finally easier and hopefully uniformed in games.
So here’s the full run-down..
- Main processor:
Single-chip custom processor
- CPU: x86-64 AMD “Jaguar”, 8 cores
- GPU: 1.84 TFLOPS, AMN next-generation Radeon based graphics engine
- Memory: GDDR5 8GB
- Storage size: 500GB hard disk drive*
- External dimensions:
Approximately 275 x 53 x 305mm
- Mass: Approx 2.8kg
- BD/DVD drive (read only): BD x 6 CAV, DVD x 8 CAV
- Input/Output: Super-Speed USBx (USB 3.0) port x2, AUX port x1
- Networking: Ethernet x1, IEEE 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.1 (EDR)
- AV output: HDMI out port, DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL) port
- Included: PlayStation 4 system x1, Wireless controller (DualShock 4) x1, Mono headset x1, AC power cord x1, HDMI cable x1, USB cable x1